Ukraine closed borders as the quantity of COVID-19 infected raised twice (latest update)
On August 27, 2020, was an extraordinary summit of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine where they decided to close the borders from August 29, 2020, for one month. However, for unknown reasons they did one day early until September 28, 2020. It was done in order to decrease the number of coronavirus cases that have about doubled in the last month.
However, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine made many exceptions to simplify business processes and communication of people with each other in general.
You can definitely come to Ukraine if you have someone from your immediate family who is Ukrainian (wife/husband, mother/father, etc.) or if you are a diplomat, member of official delegations, or are invited by the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Office of the President of Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Also, you CAN come to Ukraine if you:
- are coming to Ukraine to study (and have a student visa);
- are traveling through the territory of Ukraine in transit and have documents confirming departure from the country within two days;
- serve in the Ukrainian Armed Forces;
- have a permanent residence permit or a temporary residence permit;
- are recognized as a refugee;
- are arriving for treatment at health care facilities in Ukraine;
- are a person who carries out transportation of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
- are a technical specialist who comes in Ukraine at the invitation of representatives of Ukrainian enterprises;
- are arriving to participate in official sports competitions held on the territory of Ukraine and their accompanying persons;
- are a cultural figure who arrives at the invitation of a cultural institution together with one person accompanying each of them;
- are a driver and/or a crew member of freight vehicles, buses engaged in regular transportation, crew members of aircraft, sea and river vessels, or member of train and locomotive crew;
- are an instructor of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO “Partnership for Peace” program, who take part in the training of units of the Armed Forces or arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Defense.
Still, you have to remember that certain categories of foreigners must have insurance to cover possible costs associated with COVID-19 treatment and observation (issued by an insurance company with a representative office in Ukraine). In addition, let us remind you that from August 24, 2020, Ukraine started the new stage of quarantine that is also called adoptive quarantine.
We are hoping that such preventive measures didn’t foil your schemes and it will end soon, but for now, this rule will work until the 28th of September, 2020. Please, keep this in mind while planning to visit Ukraine. Follow us for the latest updates.
Be safe and follow appropriate sanitary procedures!